If I ask you, have you ever played any online games, I am pretty sure you’ll answer in affirmative. EVERYBODY (or atleast most of us) love gaming. Some of us play it offline, others – online. Nowadays, Online games and Video games has come a long way as compared to the Offline games. Online Gaming has become one of the largest industry, whether in terms of Growth or in terms of revenue or even by the number of Jobs it has been creating. So let’s look into some of the details on how Online Games have become an industry in itself through some examples.
History of Online Games
- The Online gaming or Video games has undergone a substantial evolution since the 1970s and moved from the underground to the mainstream gaming industry.
- In 1971, the Arcade Online Game Computer Space was released and the first Official Commercial Online game PONG was released.
- In 1977, the market lost its momentum but with the release of successful online game Space Invaders, the industry bounced back with a boom and now Arcade is easily available at various public places.
- Now came the time of the evolution of personal computers, with them coming in the mainstream technology, the Online Gaming started rising to a large scale with the help of the Computer Gaming.
- In 1982, the Industry saw its peak with revenue of $82 billion, leaving the Hollywood Music Industry behind. They have even built games taking ideas from locksmith vendors such as https://www.cobralocksmiths.com/
- During the 1990s, with some advancements such as the evolution of CDs and GUIs, they soon became the standards for Online Games.
- The Industry became unpredictable in the initial 2000s as some Third Party games came and wipe it out in no time.
- Now with the development of Smartphones and increase in the usage of the Smartphones, it has helped in the evolution of the Online games as an industry drastically.
Types of Gaming:
With the various Advancements in the Histroy of Online Gaming there are various types of gaming which come into Existence and are the biggest reason of developing Online games as the biggest Industry and Some of them are:
- PC Gaming
- Console gaming
- Mobile gaming
Trends in Online Gaming
Every new thing that came into the market either faces success or failure and these both depend on the users. The User behavior is the most important thing which decides the success or failure of anything. Similarly, in the case of the Online gaming the users decide which game hits the market or not.
Some of these Trends play an important role in people’s desire to play Video Games.
- Creativity: From the last few years, the gaming Industry has witnessed a lot of creative ideas in various games. Some developers introduced games specially for women which allowed female gamers to add into games online.
- Better Graphics: Obviously, if any thing looks good then the number of users attracted towards it will be more. With the advancement in the Graphics Card Technology helps Gamers to experience High Quality gameplay in Online Games.
- Game Streaming: We believe that the biggest reason for the growth of Online games as an Industry in itself is Game Streaming. Everyday, millions of people visit Youtube and watch their favourite YouTuber stream. Latest example is the Online game “Fortnite” which went viral in 2018 mainly due to Game Streaming.
So these are the recent trends which helped the Online Games to build their own Industry. It is expected that these Trends will stay in the coming years. Until then, Happy Gaming!