Cell phones connect us to our friends, family and the world at large, we don’t really remember what we used to do without cell phones. Our kids are also part of the culture when it comes to cell phones. Children and teens all equally want a cell phone. The cell phone is fun as well as a necessity in today’s world.
Some of the few reasons to let your kid have cell phones are:
We are all busy these days. Cell phone makes it convenient for both parents and children to let each other know if either of them is running late from work or school.
Any accident can happen during the day, cell phones work as a lifeline between a parent and their children, and it can also be used to call emergency responders.
Cell phones have alarms and various note-taking applications that can help keep your kid to be more organized. They can use cell phones to remind themselves of their next test or homework assignment.
Allowing your children to have a cell phone shows that you trust them with something of worth. It also proves that you trust them to use their allocated screen time wisely.
Many parents feel confused when their kids start demanding for a smartphone. The Android mobile device being extremely cheaper has become easier for kids to buy. However, the dangers of smart devices and the Internet cannot be ignored at any cost. Therefore, parents need to make use of parental controls Android to keep an eye on the kids.
Role of Cell Phone Parental Controls
Cell phone parental controls can keep teens safe, digitally. These apps provide monitoring of children’s cell phone activities. FamilyTime app is one exceptionally wonderful app that offers a range of useful features and is beneficial to handle multiple Android as well as iOS devices at the same time.
Some of the primary features of the FamilyTime help parents to:
- Monitor the browsing history of your teen with the date and time stamps.
- Watch their bookmarks and favourites saved in the browser
- Check how long visited a specific site.
- Put web filters and restrict sites you don’t want them to see
- View contacts saved in the contact book of your kids
- Monitor call logs with the date and time stamps
- Check SMS history to know who do they talk to and what do they talk about
- Watchlist shady contacts and be informed every time the contact is made between by either party
- Monitor the apps installed on their devices.
- Check their app preference by looking at their app usage frequency.
- Block unwanted apps, especially the ones that they are addicted to and try to engage them in board games that are played with family,
- Put auto screen locks on their device and manage their screen time efficiently. You can schedule the screen lock during bed time and school hours so they don’t stick to their devices at the time of other activities.
- Remotely lock their phone whenever you find them immersed in the screen to restrict the device access instantly.
And this is not all. There is a lot more that parents can do with the app. To know exactly what, give this app a try for free. You can download the app from Google play store and iTunes.