If there is traffic there will be hope. Any visitor is a chance for conversion that can mean a lead, customer or subscriber. But if there is no traffic it means there will be no conversion. Hence content marketers are seen to work very hard to promote their content. It is done by staying active in three fields such as search engine optimization, email marketing as well as social media marketing. Some content comes with advantages in some channels, but each piece of content can get promoted in all these three.
Let have a look at the ways how this will work to drive traffic. Explore 40 top leaders’ traffic secrets and keep it in your checklist.
- Turn your website into a responsive one: A responsive website is much needed as it will be adapting to any user’s screen. This means your website can be as easily navigated similarly on any mobile device and on a laptop and desktop. It has been recommended by Google to create mobile-first destination for catering to the increasing mobile audience. Moreover a website that loads faster is very important for Google ranking as well as for users as most of them leave web pages taking over 3 seconds for loading. So make your website mobile-responsive as well as fast-loading for desired Google rankings and mostly importantly for keeping users on your website.
- Make your website search optimized: Always focus on to find keywords representing your niche for basing your contents as well as store pages properly. Thus you will prefer focusing on at least one or may two major keywords each webpage. Make use of useful tools for finding applicable keywords. The aim of getting site traffic is for building a powerful base of applicable keywords first. Ensure that you take benefit of the content on your online store because it will have the greatest impact to drive organic traffic to your site.
- Take help of search engines: Request search engines to drag as well as index your website. It will increase your odds of creating a mark on the result pages for applicable queries.
- Build backlinks: It is a vital SEO component. If an external site is linked to your website, Google is signaled that your website is reliable and applicable to the clickable words in the text. Backlinks also have the power of driving traffic to your store on their own. Some users who are present on all those sites might click as well as explore your online store and make a purchase too.
- Keep on adding new content to your site regularly: According to the ranking factors of Google your content need to be fresh. Try to update the content of your website regularly and if you can every day. It will give users another reason to come back to your website. If they become aware that your website has something new for them to discover then they will surely visit your website for finding it out.
- Create exclusive content for your website: You can start with a blog or create some free course, host few webinars as well as publish some exclusive content relevant to your website. Try to maintain a publishing schedule on a regular basis and let users subscribe in order to have a good reason for coming back.
- Add some social share button: On your shareable pages such as blogs, product pages and other contents of your website, you can some social share button. It will make it easier for users for posting your content and driving traffic. When your user’s network will see such posts, they will be clicking through and arriving at your website.
- Get engaged in email marketing: This will aid you in driving traffic to your site if your customers keep subscribed. You can hold total control on email marketing. It will take some time to build a list for this. So start fast.
- Give a thought to influencer marketing:
- You can leverage influencers in the following ways for your website traffic:
- Start paying influencers for posting regarding your brand as well as products on social media.
- Ask them to get you featured in their email newsletter.
- Invite influencers to write a honest review of your product on their social media channels after you send them your products for free.
- Collaborate with affiliates: If you pay affiliates for promoting your products, then affiliate marketing will wonderfully work. Affiliates will be earning a revenue percentage from each sale they will be referring. Mostly such sales will be coming via website traffic. The affiliate can be a blogger or an influencer who will post a link with their referral code. Every time a user purchases with that referral code, you will be paying the affiliate the relevant fee.
There are various ways of driving traffic to your website, but the most successful way will be depending on your brand as well as customers and you need to learn it by trial and error along with optimization.