Having a reciprocating clinker cooler is essential for a cement plant and with a special classic cooler, you can get efficiency and reliability in your Cooler. It is important for you to have the best Cooler for your needs and Magotteaux provides you with the best of products for all your essential needs.
In this article, we will give you a detailed review about the new XCC Cooler Grates by Magotteaux, to help you choose the best equipment for yourself. The reliability which Magotteaux guarantees with their new XCC Cooler Grate is impeccable. If you do not know how good the product is for your needs, you just need to scroll down because here, you will know all there is to know about XCC Cooler Grates. Below is a detailed XCC Cooler Grates review.
First of all, what makes XCC Cooler Grates astonishing is the fact that it has been designed in such a way that it offers more durability, efficiency, and reliability. Magotteaux used a unique alloy development which offers optimum performance to the product and improves the lifetime of the grates as well because of better protection of the rear section. What makes it top-notch is that the heat recovery of the cooler is faster and more efficient than your average conventional cooler. Most coolers face various problems depending on where thet are placed and Magotteaux has found a solution to each of those problems. There are various zones in which the cooler is placed and some common recurring problems that arise with them.
The zones are:
- The Hot Zone
- The Intermediate Zone
- The Cold Zone
#1 The Hot Zone
- Clinker’s high tem
- Mechanical Stresses caused by Clinker falling from the kiln
- Thermal Stresses caused by the uneven exposure of plates.
These are common constraints, however, Magotteaux has an answer to everything. XCC Cooler Grates offer the following to prevent the above constraints:
- There is a special air distribution system
- They also have strong resistance against deformation.
- There’s cooling of grates as well as the clinker.
- They provide an extra cast FMR61 alloy which helps to resist oxidation, mechanical and thermal, and corrosion at high temperature (sulfur)
#2 The intermediate zone
- It comes with a low temperature which is still an issue
- The plates tend to wear because of the hardness of quenched clinker
- Rear portion of the plates starts to wear off
These are the common Constraints, but Magotteaux has an answer to this too with which you will not come across these problems. These include:
- The XCC Cooler Grates come with a patented bar design which provides strong resistance to abrasion as well as self-protecting grate design.
- Furthermore, Magotteaux offers extra things in their product which includes Cast FMR56 alloy that helps in resisting to; cracks, temperature, wear, superiority coefficient
- Another extra offered by them is cast FMX250 alloy which helps to resist; abrasion, and thus the wear which is caused due to the clinker’s moving layers, superiority coefficient: from 2 times better.
#3 The Cold Zone
- The temperature which is not a threat anymore because of the cold zone
- Abrasion from the clinker grains
- They come with a pocket grate design which avoids a direct contact between the surface of cooler plates and the moving layers of the clinker.
- The working principle of the cooler grate is to keep the dead layer of cold clinker grains inside the pocket. This will keep the layer still and the blowing holes which are situated at the bottom end of the pockets will keep on a constant opening for the whole lifetime of the cooler plates.
All in all, Magotteaux have come up with one of the best Cooler Grates for your needs and it is worth the money you spend.